Saturday, August 17, 2013

A New Semester

For any of you who happened to read this blog, sorry for the delay of posts. I decided to take a short break for the summer, especially when I realized that some people were still getting the wrong idea about the purpose of this blog.

Just to re-clarify: this is not a blog to mope about being single. In fact, I quite like my singleness most of the time. Rather, the purpose of this blog is to encourage other single people to have a healthy and beautiful perspective on singleness (rather than see it as a plague). I've had so many single ladies (and guys too occasionally) come to me, so completely discouraged by their singleness, and I decided that it was time for us to see our lives for what they truly are- useful.

If a relationship isn't causing us to glorify God better, than it's better to glorify God alone.

So anyway, that was just a refresher course to prevent people from making assumptions and judgements about my intentions of this blog. I know it was a risk to start this, but if it means furthering the kingdom of God in the single community, then it's a risk I'm willing to take.

On that note, this year- my last year in college- my goal is to highlight in this blog other single people who are using their singleness, despite their natural desire for a relationship, to serve God wholly and selflessly. And there are those people. I know them well, and I am blessed to be surrounded by them.

Anyway, that was just a public service announcement.. so stay tuned for a legitimate post =).

No comments:

Post a Comment