Thursday, May 2, 2013

Embracing Singleness

It seems that the race of singles, even young ones, have been made to believe that their life somehow holds less meaning than if they were to be in some sort of relationship.
Well, as a young, single woman, I am here to prove the single population wrong.

It is my goal as a single female, with no prospective beaus (yes, I did just throw in the word beau... it just seems so much classier than the word "boyfriend"), to vulnerably share my adventures, my struggles, my lessons, my embarrassments and, well, my life with fellow singles.

My goals?
To be relatable.
To make you laugh.
To make you cry.
To encourage you.

But mostly...
To inspire you to embrace your singleness and enjoy it while you have it.
It's your life, so live it.

I don't know if anyone will read this, but I figure that, if anything, this blog will in turn act as a gateway to my past self, reminding me of who I was and what contributed to me being me.
Interesting experiences, life lessons, teachable moments, and all.
This blog will probably consist of testimonials, thoughts, quotes, etc. from other single folks I know as well as individuals in relationships, because let's face it- even our friends in relationships have been single (hard to believe.. I know).
Most of all, this blog will contain Scripture. Why?
Because without Scripture, there are no answers.
Whatever season in life we are in, GOD is our purpose. He is why we exist.

Now, before I go on, let me tell you that I will not pretend that I have never been guilty of being "that bitter single person," because.. well.. I have.
Well, my friends, this blog is to show that I have decided: no more.
I am sure there will be times when singleness, like every other season of life, will come with its struggles, but I refuse to live my life wishing I was living a different life.
Like I said before, THIS is the life God has blessed us with, so live it like it's a blessing.

So begins the saga of embracing singleness.

No comments:

Post a Comment